Friday, January 13, 2017

WEDNESDAY! rob mclennan & Stephen Brockwell read in Vancouver at Lunch Poems at SFU

I can't believe that more than a decade has passed since I last read in Vancouver.

Going back through blog entries, I've discovered that yes, indeed, it was November 6, 2006 when I last read in Vancouver, as part of the Robson Reading Series with Stephen Brockwell. I seem to have posted a ridiculous array of tour notes on my month-long trek from Prince George, British Columbia all the way back home, as well as into the UK with Brockwell as well (posting reports on such here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here). You are welcome to completely ignore any and all of these notes, by the by.

So there it is: my triumphant return to Vancouver after more than a decade! Thanks much to Wayde Compton and Renee Saklikar for all their efforts to bring us out, and to Stephen for getting us there. And: twenty years since I first read back in the city, with Clare Latremouille and Kathryn Payne. Can you believe it? Ah, me.

Oh Vancouver, might we see you on Wednesday?

rob mclennan & Stephen Brockwell read in Vancouver at Lunch Poems at SFU

Lunch Poems at SFU is a unique vibrant exchange of poetic ideas and cadence held the third Wednesday of every month, noon to 1 pm, in the Teck Gallery at Simon Fraser University's Harbour Centre Campus.

No comments: